Monday, September 10, 2012

Last Days of Summer

The first day of Autumn is two weeks away so I thought I'd start out with some photos of summer fun. The first group shows the family of a girl named Myrtle, enjoying a campout at the lake, a picnic, and a visit to Mackinac Island, Michigan.

The photos are part of an estate collection I acquired at auction. I was able to use notes written on the photos and the Internet to learn a little more about her later life with her husband, Benjamin Reuhl. There were three parts to the photos. I got one but had to convince another buyer to sell me some shots from the second part. He gave me the name of a guy who had the third, but I never heard back from him.





This next shot shows Myrtle on the far left, standing next to Benjamin, who would become her husband, if they weren't already married at the time of this shot. Benjamin was an architect and he and Myrtle lived in Spokane.


The rest of the shots show the activities at a summer camp, location unknown. The shots look like they may have been taken prior to 1920.











No comments:

Post a Comment